On 16/06/2024 09:40, Michael wrote:
Now to get temp sensors and stuff to work.  I want to keep a eye on
temps for a bit.  I think the boot media was reporting the wrong info.
Even the ambient temp was to high for this cool room.  It showed like
100F or something when my A/C is set to 68F or so.  Plus, the side is
off the case at times.  New battle.  😉

The side panel should help improve air flow through the case (depending on the
design).  I've seen CPU temperatures on big tower servers with dual xeon CPUs
going up when the side panel was removed.

My previous case had a cone connecting the CPU to a vent in the side. Whether that sucked warm case air over the CPU and vented it directly out, or sucked cool outside air over the CPU and vented it into the case, I don't know. Either way, the air flowing over the CPU was outside the case just before or after doing so.

Cheers,
Wol