[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>     Mats> you run lilypond without any parameters?
>
> Yes, it does for me.  I'm running mandrake 6.0, and I have lilypond
> 1.2.0-1 installed at the moment.  It has happened for me on every

That is not enough information: anyone can build an rpm, and several
people have done so (Ryan, Jeff and me, notably.).  Where did you
download it?

If you have the one which is in RH6.0-i386 on ftp.cs.uu.nl (which I
tested, and found working on my RH 6 box at work), then we might get
somewhat further with

output of

        ldd lilypond

and

        rpm -qa

In the meantime, I'll have a look to see the RPM does on my home machine.