On Tuesday, 21 September 1999, "Shamus" writes:

> >You seem to know more about chords than Han-Wen and me.  We need you!
> >Please go ahead and fix it.
>
> I'd love to!

Good!

> >No.  We (you?)'ll have to add symbols to the feta font, that's where the
> >textflat/sharps come from too.  The \textflats/sharps will have to go, and
> >be replaced by a molecule, see lookup.cc:
> >
> >    Molecule
> >    Lookup::accidental (int j, bool cautionary) const
>
> Ok, I'll check into that.  BTW, what do you use to create/edit the feta
> fonts?  I assume I'll have to modify all five(?) point sizes...

In that case, you're in luck: you need to edit only one!

Have a look at mf/feta-schrift.mf:

   fet_beginchar("Flageolet", "flageolet", "flageolet")

lots of work to get a small open circle.

To view the characters, you do something like

  <edit feta-generic.mf:
        uncomment 'input feta-schrift' in the test section>
  mf feta-test16
  gftodvi feta-test16
  xdvi feta-test16

I remember having seen a black triangle in relation to chords,
do you use that too?

Greetings,

Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter
http://www.xs4all.nl/~jantien/      | http://www.lilypond.org/