On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 09:24 +0100, Owain Clarke wrote:

> Google Has No Respect for Your Privacy

IMHO, that's an understatement (no disrespect).

Google appears to see our personal information as it's prime target.
I've been _very_ confident for a long time now that Google scans and
uses gmail content. They've always scanned search and 'click-on' results
(of course). They're now using tracking cookies that my Windows virus
checker considers trojans.

For a couple of years already, I now only use Google in any form as a
last resort.

Sadly I'm not convinced any other search-oriented companies are actually
any better :-(

Gordon.