On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 14:30 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> What I can't believe, because it's simply not possible, is that google
> 'accidentally' slurped up people's data whilst driving around taking
> pictures for streetview.

I feel sure that's not a silly mistake they're likely to repeat with
Google Glass and it's  WiFi, Bluetooth (and hence mobile-phone)
connections.  Oh no, no, no, they wouldn't do that!

Nor with Android.

Self-driving cars offer numerous possibilities.

Climb in.

"Take me to my aunt Morticia's please"

"Ah yes, she lives in the big dark house on the hill; make yourself
comfortable, sir, and we'll be there shortly."

You turn on the in-drive TV with both subliminal and blindingly obvious
flashing adverts. The car drives off.

Ten minutes later, the car announces "You have arrived at your
destination, sir."  and the doors open to reveal that you're outside the
very shop where they sell those advertised products.

The car helpfully tells you that "Your aunt Morticia has been looking
for one of those!"

A shop assistant helpfully puts a 13.5GHz Intel i9
Ultra-Gamer-Xpletive-XIII+ in the car and gives you the receipt already
charged to your contactless credit card.

OK, that's supposed to be funny.  I think ....

Gordon.