From: hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com
[mailto:hardware-boun...@hardwaregroup.com] On Behalf Of Rick Glazier
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:29 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] something is going on at PCP&C

"Even I"  have changed caps on MBs.
(I can do NASA certified soldering though... I was Gov't trained GEEIA)

It is worth it IF you can get good parts.
I researched the stresses the caps are under.
Only certain types are good for MBs.
SO, It can be a "good" cap, just the wrong one or type.
I forget the exact spec you need to look for... (High stress.)
Here is a site for a list "he" thinks are known looser MBs.

He sells cap kits, or pick-em yourself.
IIRC, he has instructions/warnings.
NO connection, and never bought any there.

Rick Glazier

From: "Christopher Fisk"