Back it up first, before converting to beta.

--
Nicholas Hastings
AlliedMods.net <http://www.alliedmods.net>

Ryan Stecker <mailto:voidedwea...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:49 PM
That's useful to know, but the redownload is still a major downside.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:44 PM
I was able to opt out of the beta just fine. It required a TF2 reinstall,
but it worked.

Dr. McKay

Ryan Stecker <mailto:voidedwea...@gmail.com>
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:37 PM
Getting the two versions to work together would be great news.

The only thing stopping me (and I assume others) from testing the steampipe
branch is the fact that opting my client into that beta is a permanent
change, so I would not be able to join my current non-steampipe servers in
the case of needing to deal with administrative issues or simply to play.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 1:25 PM, Fletcher Dunn
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:25 PM

Oops. The “cstrike” folder name was a cut and paste typo. Replace “cstrike” with “tf”. A similar change is coming to all Source engine games.

The two versions of TF2 are currently incompatible. I am hoping to resolve some sv_pure incompatibilities and make them interoperable, so we can get much higher adoption rate.