On Sep 12, 2012, at 11:54 PM, Mark Andrews <ma...@isc.org> wrote:
> MacOS already supports this so clearly someone at Apple thinks
> "there is a need".

No, MacOS doesn't support this.   MacOS supports DynDNS-like functionality, not
roaming via DNS.   And it supports it in the sense that geeks can make it work,
not in the sense that regular end users can make it work.   The necessary
enabling work to make this usable is far beyond what Apple is doing.   Also
beyond what Microsoft is doing.

It's not hard, and if there's demand, I'm sure the work will get done.   As I
said earlier, I don't oppose putting support for it into a spec, if it can be
done cleanly.   But I don't think we'll see widespread implementation anytime
soon.