Thanks Kurt.

As much as I despise z/OSMF, its just another learning curve on what's expected
or how it works overall.

Having said that, In what I could do, I like it. But still don't like all the
background things being done. Even if they are just catalog look ups.

So just a few clarifications.

I am guessing when I install z/OS 2.6, not sure what my model is, an instance
or the portable 2.5 order?

Because the portable copy still has all the install names like SYS1SSA,
SMPESSA, CPACSSA for dataset names and it doesn't seem like I can change them.

But then if that my model for z/OS 2.6, then it should work with everything I
setup already, Again probably just a learning curve.

So, I was trying to use my z/OSMF (Serverpac install for 2.5) as a base for my
software instance.

That's wrong, because it wants to duplicate everything that came with that
process.

Once I just pointed to the SMPE datasets, you are correct it went after the
DDDEF's and found everything correctly.

I have now built a 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5 instance that matches my shop.

z/OSMF still has a few quirks, depending on how you access things, Like my
first comments about modifying datasets names. But I eventually got it to work.

z/OS will be my first real install using z/osmf, so I am hoping all the nuances
will be worked out, by then.

Lastly,  I want to thank Barbara for the link to the migration guides. I still
don't understand were they are in z/OSMF or how to access, but for another day.

Thanks

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
z/OS Support: