>  Absolutely understand what you said, but that's dumb.
>
> I haven't created a NEW Master Catalog in 20 years, because why
> would I want to have to RECAT all my PAGE, SMF,  USERCATs, NON-VSAM,
> ETC datasets??

Some folks do create a new master catalog.  That's their process.
Apparently not yours.

> When just adding an SSA to SYS1 gets away from any conflicts, and
> still gets in the current master catalog,  Then the renames all
> work, which really only does the physical names on DASD.

Perhaps we have a difference in terminology.  If the new data sets are
cataloged in your existing master creating, then an "SSA" is not a catalog
alias.  Its just a unique data set name prefix.

> Then Recatalogs indirectly and NEW datasets and I am done.

Ah, you didn't mention *indirectly* cataloging previously.  z/OSMF can do
that too.  Once again you just need to tell it you want data sets
indirectly cataloged.  You do this by specifying the catalog symbol for
the volume on the Volumes page in the configuration.

Kurt Quackenbush -- IBM, z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management
Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.