From: The IBM z/VM Operating System [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Schuh, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, 23 May 2007 8:29 AM
To: IBMVM@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU
Subject: TCPNJE

Is there anyone who has an operating TCPNJE link between VM and z/OS? If
so, would you be willing to share your link definitions/parms (both
sides of the link would be nice) or otherwise disclose your secrets?  I
am at wit's end, getting socket errors (timeout variety) in the middle
of files. If they happen on stream 1, it freezes the link. My current
definition is:

LINKDEF MVS1   TYPE TCPNJE AST RETRY

PARM MVS1     HOST=nn.nn.nn.nn KEEPALIV=NO STREAMS=4 BUFF=8192

This definition is the one that kept the link up the longest. It took a
socket error on stream 2 and kept on chugging until it subsequently had
the failure on stream 1.

I suppose that the JES definition could be involved in this. Our JES
person tells me that he let everything default. I do not know what the
defaults for JES are, and he wasn't very forthcoming with information.

Regards,
Richard Schuh