On 8/25/07, David Boyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Then you can start on command operand authorization...8-)

Oh no... you gave Chucky a new idea. We'll blame you for all that
comes out of this.

Most CP commands right now only allow the ESM to audit, not to control
access. If the ESM gets granular access control, we need a a lot of
new error messages to reflect that.

Given enough beverages of choice, I could come up with situations
where you might want user A to be able to use the DEFSEG command for
segment S only. What you do now is to have a disconnected virtual
machine with enough privileges and run PROP there. An easy API for
RACROUTE might be nice to avoid yet-another-list of powerful users
(especially since some weasels want that all disks with lists of
powerful users are protected against reading).

Rob