This is the kind of change that I hope WILL NOT be the default and will
actually take some effort on my part to implement. It is too dramatic a change,
with too many installations depending upon the current behavior.

As to the serialization of control of a target user, what if there were a
'lock' setting that could be set before executing these new commands on behalf
of a target user and unset when the administrator is finished fiddling with the
target user. If done in an ESM, I would hope that rules could be written to
require that the 'lock' be set by the same requestor.

/Tom Kern
/301-903-2211

--- Colin Allinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I want to wind back a bit on this one:-
>
> We do use RACF as an ESM and we do use LOGONBY (controlled by RACF
> profiles) extensively.
>
> I understand that any user with LOGONBY authority can log on and give any
> of the commands mentioned but we would be extremely unhappy about these
> users being able to give those commands on behalf of that user without
> logging on. This should not be the assumption and, if it becomes so, then
> there should be an easy way to revert to the current status :-
>
> There are 2 issues here :-
>
> 1.      Visibility
>         Searching RACF audit record is no substitute for seeing the
> commands entered on the console of the user.
>
> 2.      Serialisation
>         Insisting the user logs on (LOGONBY) ensures that they (and only
> they) have control of that user at that time.\
>
> I would be OK with the ability to enable the behaviour suggested but I
> would be very unhappy for it to be the default that we had to find a
> workaround for.
>
> Colin G Allinson
> Technical Manager VM
> Amadeus Data Processing GmbH