On Friday, 08/24/2007 at 02:49 EDT, Brian Nielsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I don't think that's a good idea.  Class G users can be given LOGONBY to
> another class G user for a variety of reasons.  Neither userid should
get
> other than class G just because of the LOGONBY authorization.

Sorry to confuse.  I was suggesting a rule that says, as a class G user,
you could target
- XAUTOLOG
- SET SECUSER or OBSERVER
- SEND (a la class C)
- FORCE (with a new class G version)
- SIGNAL SHUTDOWN

to any user to whom you are authorized for LOGON BY.  Thinking further, if
you did not have LOGON BY, but did have XAUTOLOG authority, would it be ok
to implicitly grant FORCE and SIGNAL SHUTDOWN?

That gives two general classes of action:
- manage the guest (start, stop)
- BE the guest (start, stop, see, do)