Do I smell a WAVV requirement?

There may also be a formalized request/requirement mechanism on the z/VM web site (there is on the z/VSE web site).

Michael Coffin wrote:
Well ain't this a kick in the pants!  Yes indeed, BOTH the FTPPUT and
FTPGET stages are defined (on z/VM 5.3).

::START_CUSTOMER_GRIPE::

It's so hard to get IBM to enhance ANYTHING in CMS these days, here
they've gone and invested precious development dollars in a PIPE stage
that would be a HUGE help to existing VM/CMS customers, and they don't
bother to document it and, when asked to, they STILL don't?!?!?  I've
been spending countless hours trying to "reinvent a wheel" which IBM has
already invented, and which we are already licensed to use - EXTREMELY
ANNOYING!

Come on IBM, can you please document this lovely PIPE stage THAT YOU'VE
ALREADY DEVELOPED so that we can exploit it?!?!  It's not like we're
asking you to develop something from scratch, just spend an hour
documenting WHAT YOU'VE ALREADY DEVELOPED!!!

::END_CUSTOMER_GRIPE::

So, if I can decipher the parms for the FTP stages all I really need to
do now is:

PIPE TRACKREAD
| TRACKSQUISH
| FTPPUT (FTP_parms to be deciphered)

There may be some other intermediate stages (BLOCK 1024, etc.) that need
to go in as well, I'll take a look at how Bruce Hayden already addressed
this in PIPEDDR and just change the output stage to FTPPUT (assuming I
can either decipher the correct parms, or if some kind soul from IBM
could forward a tiny little README on this "officially or otherwise" I'd
be in your debt!).

The nice thing is I can also integrate FTPGET into the recovery process
which will speed things up nicely as well.

Thanks Adam and David for steering me in the right direction.  FWIW,
there is an example of PIPE FTPGET in INSTLBMD EXEC - so that might
provide a clue as to what parms are required and/or supported.

-Mike