2008/9/23 narendra sisodiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Sorry for this post, but I do not want to hurt and "hindi-wali feelings"
> inside your soft heart.
>
> Just saw this website -- http://www.hindawi.in/en_US/
> run the flash intro and see the code snippet in Hindi.
>
> Coding structure in Hindi gave a big laugh on my face. I was unable to
> control myself.
> I have not downloaded the software But one natural question arise in mind,,
>
> *Can we code in Hindi???*
>
> My answer is NO, and even if we able to code then also it will be of NO use.

Narendra you are completely wrong in judging both the ability and
effectiveness of hindi coding and translation work.

Yes , we can code and yes it`s hell a lot of money .

>From my college days i have been very much interested in Language
technologies and the plans and the initial research which we have done
in past shows well enough that not even putting language technologies
in Indian languages is not even feasible, But IMO is the only way
today to become next microsoft.

Some pointers that i would like to give you to start !

1. What is the annual turnover language translation and content
creation Industry in India ?

2. What is the percentage of people in India with 2nd or 3rd language
as English ? (Would like to point that you should go and check
authenticity of news of villages working on PC`s efficiently, You
would really amazed to know , How these NGO`s make money ;) )

3. How many young people are there in India with Maths background till
there 12th ? (Which is the base according to me for learning any prog
language)

> I do not know , why somebody will run these type of software. Coding in
> Hindi will be really tuff (at least for me) and more over the worst part may
> happen on one day when the moronic idealistic and policy maker may introduce
> computer education of Hindi Coding at junior classes level.

Yeah it will be *tuff* for you because u can write and read in English
which is easier for you to follow in programming language thus.

> Writing English, speaking English and typing C++ code (which has some
> English keywords) is totally different. Even "Kanitkar" has some books in
> Hinglish. "hindi bhashi can read them also".

Exactly, Put a C++ code in front of a English literary student and it
will be gibberish for him, Same way putting code in Hindi will not
make much difficulty in coding, (I have tried on my own long time back
in 2004 and didn`t found it at all difficult)

> As a programmer I know, changing platform and language is not easy. It takes
> time . But If I have to shift from English keywords to Hindi keywords it
> will be really tuff and impossible task. A Hindawi-programmer will also feel
> same problem while shifting to actual language.

As a programmer if you can`t change platform and language easily for
studying new language for 10-15 days , Then my friend you really need
to go fast and get your basic correct :)

> Even this project is getting FOSS awards also. ?????????
>
> In my view it is not a useful effort and will not make any sense. It may be
> used as a "proof of concept" which tell that "you can make equivalent Hindi
> or lets say Telugu keywords for any computer language like C++ or XML". They
> are just using gcc backend.

Really ?, The last time we discussed this with some google engineers
in a ILUGD meet , They were excited to see how chaudhary is actually
doing machine translation in backend.

> my single question is "when will be become free from cage of ideology"?

Lolz, this is not ideology, This is a gap of demand,

Hmm, Google for chinese keyboards and you will know what kind of
platform and language interface our chinese friends use and what`s the
total industry turnover per year.

> Let me very specific to the question "Do we really need localization at
> software and software languages, taking into consideration of Indian
> progress and total number of common english users". Localization of some
> software may make sense in some sense but how come it make sense for
> software language

Whenever you want to make sense of something and want to ask whether
this is something feasible for general masses or not, go and take a
walk of your colony and try selling stuff in your mind to every person
you see. NEVER ever put yourself in customer shoes.

--
Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Mishra

Linux User #348873
http://gauravmishra.info/blog
"When i can run , i will run , When i can walk , i will walk, When i can
crawl , i will crawl. But i will not stop moving forward"