On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 5:33 PM, Parthan SR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wow, this thread I have been really entertaining to sit back and watch.
> But this is growing out to be something which serves no purpose. Here
> are my few thoughts, though wishing this thread will close soon.
>
> The idea of Coding in Native Languages is not new, a lot of people have
> spoken and may be few even tried one in nook and corners of the world. I
> even remember a similar topic running in one of the Indian GNU/Linux
> Mailing List a few years ago.

Most of the languges are very close cousin of english so never came
across some diff langage code, Would love to see some pointer.

> If such a system is possible and being developed, what might be of
> concern is how compatible is it with other systems. We, as one amongst
> the FOSS community, ought to think about developing softwares which can
> be applied in a wide scope (except in case of specialized softwares
> targeting a specific group of people). This means, we need to have a
> facility to code in FOO programming language in BAR native language, but
> being able to compile this code or transform this code into FOOBAR
> native language. To put it simply, if A writes a Python code in Hindi,
> there should be a cross-compiler or such thing which B can use to
> convert the Python code into Tamil or Malayalam so that people in those
> languages can improve the code, which A can take back and compile it
> into Hindu. Here, the concerned Programming Language remains the same
> Python and hence the programmatic idioms and practices remains the
> same.Thus, even when people work in their own languages, the code is
> fully compatible between languages, while the main Programming Language
> being followed is the same.

Nice thoughts, It`s indeed very much possible , Hindawi AFAIk is a
wrapper over current compiler . (Hope Abhisek can join in and clarify)
, So a universal wrapper which can convert between languages doesn`t
seems impossible.

--
Thanks and Regards
Gaurav Mishra

Linux User #348873
http://gauravmishra.info/blog
"When i can run , i will run , When i can walk , i will walk, When i can
crawl , i will crawl. But i will not stop moving forward"