> OK, then maybe it is best if you try to work something out with
> Sanjay. Please keep us informed, and maybe there are others
> that can help out.
I will be in Ludhiana speaking coming on 11-12th for this event
http://www.twenty19.com/opportunities/organiser/guru-nanak-dev-engineering-college-ludhiana/ignite-12
hope to catch up with people around there then.

>  Sure, I shall/can soon create a page related to free training sessions for
>> the local trainers, hardware assemblers, integrators and, or vendors on
>> deployment (installation, administration, tips and tricks) and road-shows
>> for the general public on the use and benefits of Linux/Unix and Free/Libre
>> Open Source Software.

I too am interested will chime in .

> Great.
>>
>> How about charging a reasonable registration fee from the attendees to
>> cover up the expenses or get these events sponsored by local associations?
>>

> We, as in ILUG-Delhi, have not charged for attendance in the past,
> but do ask local associations to cover any costs incurred for travel,
> food, and lodging. Personally, I see no reason why we cannot
> charge attendees.
+1 , ILUG-Delhi as a society why not,  we can build some corpus amount
with the extras and spend it on more events.

> One possible model might be to have a broad training session
> that is free of cost, with incidental expenses covered by a local
> association. Local associations, and attendees, can then discuss
> with the trainers on an individual basis regarding more intensive,
> focused sessions.

This is one model which has not worked in the past as we know there is
no follow up with any of the colleges and institutions , may be as an
active society these kinds of items can be take up proactively ,
something like a quarterly news letter to all the colleges and
associations in and around NCR.

-Satya