On 10/06/2012 10:10 AM, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> On 6 October 2012 06:09, Balwinder S Dheeman <bdhee...@gmail.com
> <mailto:bdhee...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> [...]
>
>     I reside at Chandigarh and work from home as a freelance
>     consultant; visiting New Delhi (NCR), Amritsar and rest of the
>     major cities of Punjab and Haryana, parts of Himachal, Utrakhand
>     and even Jammu is possible.
>

> OK, then maybe it is best if you try to work something out with
> Sanjay. Please keep us informed, and maybe there are others
> that can help out.
> �
>
>     Sure, I shall/can soon create a page related to free training
>     sessions for the local trainers, hardware assemblers, integrators
>     and, or vendors on deployment (installation, administration, tips
>     and tricks) and road-shows for the general public on the use and
>     benefits of Linux/Unix and Free/Libre Open Source Software.
>

> Great.
> �
>

>     How about charging a reasonable registration fee from the
>     attendees to cover up the expenses or get these events sponsored
>     by local associations?
>

> We, as in ILUG-Delhi, have not charged for attendance in the past,
> but do ask local associations to cover any costs incurred for travel,
> food, and lodging. Personally, I see no reason why we cannot
> charge attendees.
>
> One possible model might be to have a broad training session
> that is free of cost, with incidental expenses covered by a local
> association. Local associations, and attendees, can then discuss
> with the trainers on an individual basis regarding more intensive,
> focused sessions.

Yes, we shall try our best to make these events as much free as we can.
But we definitely need pay the bills as almost all Free/Libre Open
Source Software projects do.

>     Sanjay Gupta, Please comment.
>
> �
> In this specific case, Sanjay has already said that he is ready
> to do this on a commercial basis. You, and anyone else
> willing, can take this up further with him.

I still invite others volunteers and, or freelancers; together we shall
make it movement.

--
Balwinder S "bdheeman" Dheeman
(http://werc.homelinux.net/contact/)