On 7/18/06, Steph Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm probably being dim here, but how is this going to pan out for BC? Either
now, or when PHP 6 comes along and we (presumably) go from PhpDate to
Php::Date?  (What am I missing?)

PHPDate would still exists as an alias for BC. The advantage of
namespace in that matter would be to use a default namespace, ie:
'using namespace php'. Then you are allowed to use the Date object as
you will without prefixing.

So in 6.0, PHPDate, PHP::PHPDate and PHP:Date would all be the same
thing. It sounds stupid, but it does not cause any BC breaks, and any
clashes in PHP 5.2 without namespaces.

Sincerely,
Olivier