> So, I think this "property rights" issue FUD.

please don't shoot the messenger.  but in most of meatspace, if there's a
thing you pay (either one time or recurring) to get exclusive use of, and it's
of value (if you lost your use of it, it would financially injure you), then
it's property.  the RIR system can work only because it has excellent lawyers.
so, until you have consulted an excellent lawyer, please don't argue about
whether the resource system created by ULA-C would be called property or not.

> Of course, a system like domain name registration where there is a small
> annual fee to retain a ULA-C does have merit as it pays for the registration
> system and assures that someone has to pay to renew the assignment. So, if
> company A buys company B and both have ULA-C's, company A may decide to let
> company B's ULA-C expire after a year or two since there may no longer be a
> need for it.

as icann has discovered, any mandate that an organization be paid a fee by
users for the use of something that's necessary in common every day life is,
in many parts of meatspace, equivilent to creating a "tax authority".  the
rules governing that are quite sensitive and twisty.  as above, please consult
an excellent lawyer before you decide how easy it would be.