--- "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Morgan Delagrange wrote:
> >
> > --- "Geir Magnusson Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I will assume that no one will find what is up
> there
> > > too offensive,
> > > aside from the logo.
> >
> > Um, yeah, I've seen better logos.  :)
>
> But I haven't created them :-)
>
> So please, consider this a 'logo emergency'...

Logo emergency!  We need "creatives" stat!

> > > Some notes, in no apparent order :
> > >
> > > 1a) I am not married to any of this.  I just
> wanted
> > > to get something
> > > up.  Morgan is working on more content, so I
> just
> > > wanted to get
> > > something fleshed out and setup for him (and
> others)
> > > to continue with.
> >
> > Yeah I made some progress last night, so I'll post
> it
> > today.
> >
> > In working on the content, I found it very
> confusing
> > that "Commons" is both a subproject and a portion
> of
> > the subproject.
>
> Commons in the Jakarta subproject that has
> 'Components'. Two parts of
> Commons are the Sandbox and the Directory...

Clear to me, but it may not be clear to the
uninitiated.

> > I propose that we call the Commons
> > portion of the site the "Commons Proper" (or
> anything
> > other than simply Commons).
>
> What do you mean, 'the Commons portion of the site'
> ?

Exactly!  :)  When I looked at the site this morning,
there were lots of statements like (I'm paraphrasing),
"the Commons project is dedicated toward creating and
maintaining reusable components."  Unfortunately,
that's only part of what Commons does, and I think it
gives short shrift to the Sandbox and the Directory,
which have different objectives.

I just updated the site with my proposed changes.
Check it out and see if you agree.  Now most of the
places that talk about our component repository call
it "Commons Proper" instead of just Commons.  I think
it's an improvement.

(BTW, I'm not a big fan of the site DTD yet.  Too
limiting.)

- M

=====
Morgan Delagrange