Morgan Delagrange wrote:

> > > In working on the content, I found it very
> > confusing
> > > that "Commons" is both a subproject and a portion
> > of
> > > the subproject.
> >
> > Commons in the Jakarta subproject that has
> > 'Components'. Two parts of
> > Commons are the Sandbox and the Directory...
>
> Clear to me, but it may not be clear to the
> uninitiated.

Ok. That's important.  The point of the site *is* for the uninitiated,
for the most part.

> > > I propose that we call the Commons
> > > portion of the site the "Commons Proper" (or
> > anything
> > > other than simply Commons).
> >
> > What do you mean, 'the Commons portion of the site'
> > ?
>
> Exactly!  :)  When I looked at the site this morning,
> there were lots of statements like (I'm paraphrasing),
> "the Commons project is dedicated toward creating and
> maintaining reusable components."  Unfortunately,
> that's only part of what Commons does, and I think it
> gives short shrift to the Sandbox and the Directory,
> which have different objectives.

Ok.

> I just updated the site with my proposed changes.
> Check it out and see if you agree.  Now most of the
> places that talk about our component repository call
> it "Commons Proper" instead of just Commons.  I think
> it's an improvement.

I like the the changes, although how about :

1) Put 'Getting Started' (or change to 'Home') under About us, you can
get back to the Commons home page from anywhere.

2) I don't like the phrase 'Commons Proper'.  How about just
'Components'. And only use 'Commons' when talking about the subproject
as a whole.

> (BTW, I'm not a big fan of the site DTD yet.  Too
> limiting.)

So darn limiting you got content up and public already.  Sorry about
that :)

We can expand the DTD :)

geir