I understand your point of view - but at the same time Sun has provided support to port
linux to their ultra series machines and with their release of lrun (a tool to allow
linux programs binary compatibility under Solaris 7)  it seems they wan't to support
Linux.  You also have to look at the fact that Sun is seriously stretching their
organizational capacity at the moment with all the projects they have and possibly
Linux java support is simply on the back burner

Joel McCarty