Rosemary's Baby was the most faithful movie adaption I've ever seen.  Line
by line, scene by scene, almost verbatim.

Kakki, read Fried Green Tomatoes.  I liked the film, but the book is so
much better, there's no comparison.  Many colorful characters and incidents
were left out of the film, not to mention the fact that book is much more
forthright about the nature of the relationship between the two women.