>> You settle for less than fascination, a few drinks later
>> you're not so choosy

> "Less than fascination" would signify that that the person is already
> going to compromise in regards to who they pick up, then the second
> half of the couplet pretty much says the same thing. I suppose it's
> saying that after a couple more drinks the standards have gotten even
> lower than they were to begin with, it just has always sounded a tad
> awkward to me.

Having worked in several bars and having hung out in far too many of
them, those lines have always made perfect sense to me.  Remember,
they're preceded by "You go down to the pick up station, Craving warmth
and beauty ..."  You're not craving fascination, just warmth and
beauty.  Mostly though, you wanna get laid.  So, after a few drinks,
something far below than "fascination" is acceptable.

I've seen it happen at least a hundred times.

Lori