Hi

To You" the protagonist is craving WARMTH & beauty, not TRUTH & beauty, as
Joni is to define a couple records later in "Black Crow"(Of course she
originally wrote 'love & music' but has always to my recall substituted
'Truth & Beauty' in its stead. So in the first case, there is no truth, only
the despair & loneliness which seeks only warmth.

        "maybe ive never really loved, maybe that is the truth
                ive spent my whole life in clouds at icy altitudes"

is anothe line which ties in very strongly on this theme.

ron