Listen to Joni's Magdalene Laundries, to Little Green, the Chinese Cafe...there are
clues all over the place about the deep impression her experience made upon her . And
if anyone gets the notion that women do forget and are able to get on with their
lives, Id say that the fact that Joni decided to search for Kelly Green many years
later is testimony to the fact that she indeed did not forget. None of us do.
http://www.rlff.com/db_world02/cinema.cgi/films/view_178.htm
Sarah, this talks about a film made about the Magdalene sisters...and you know, there
may be more info....
like this:
http://www.adoptionireland.com/media/magdalenesistersreview.htm

 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:When I wrote this, I was thinking more of a modern day mindset.
But
as Mags pointed out, things were so different then, we can hardly
imagine it. I remember seeing a television program about unmarried
women in Ireland whose children were removed from them and given up
for adoption. They were speaking out about it for the first time,
having kept the baby a secret all these years, even from the men they
subsequently married. It made me very sad and angry to think of all
the women over the years who have been denied choice - either because
they were literally forced to part with children or, as Mags said,
the ducks were all lined up. . .

Sarah

At 8:17 PM -0700 02/02/2003, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>That's what I meant when I said it ends up being something in your
>mind. Something caused her to believe she couldn't do it, and maybe
>she was right about herself, or she made it right, who knows?

You open my heart, you do.
Yes you do.
     - JM