My optician / optometrist (depending on country) has created my a pair of bi-focals, focused at the correct distance for my lace pillow. The lower part of the lens is magnifying for when I scrunch in close to see what's gone wrong!!

I took my lace chair and pillow into his office to help him to see what distance I normally needed to focus at - and he came up with the brilliant magnifying idea.

I couldn't see across the room with them, so it will involve effort in classes, but at home, it works great

Sue