Hi Sue,

You seem to have an optometrist just like mine. Not only do I have my bi-focals for ordinary use, a pair for driving, and a pair set for the comoputer, but I also have a pair set for the lace pillow! I have a problem with glasses too - I tend to take one pair off to use whichever of the other pairs is necessary, then forget where I have put the first pair. My son - amusing chap as he is !!! - bought me a job lot of those pretty lace things to hang glasses on, so sometimes I wander round with one pair of glasses on, and the rest strung on cords/laces round my neck - and then I wonder why my nieces call me their 'Giddy Aunt'....

Carol - in Suffolk UK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sue Babbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] Magnifiers

My optician / optometrist (depending on country) has created my a pair of bi-focals, focused at the correct distance for my lace pillow. The lower part of the lens is magnifying for when I scrunch in close to see what's gone wrong!!

I took my lace chair and pillow into his office to help him to see what distance I normally needed to focus at - and he came up with the brilliant magnifying idea.

I couldn't see across the room with them, so it will involve effort in classes, but at home, it works great

Sue