Hi Shirlee,
You don't say where you are in your email, but if you are in the US, a
lacemaker at our guild meeting last week brought in a smaller magnifier than
those mentioned.  It was on a flexible arm and there was another arm with a
small led light.  The base was heavy but could be clipped onto a table or just
laid on the pillow.  She bought it at Hobby Lobby using one of their 40%
coupons.  I mean to look for it next time I am in the store.

I do have the magnifier that you pin on your pillow and love it but the glass
part on mine keeps coming loose and the screw refuses to tighten up enough.
This is my second one as I forgot to take mine with me to convention one year
and had to buy another from Lacy Susan.  I think I sold my first one later.  I
always put the magnifier in my hand luggage when traveling.
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org/
www.landoflincolnlacemakers.com  Check for class spaces, many are full.