Hello Eric,

I know these packages exist and it is easy to setup. But there are
still too many steps envolved for the average n00b. Consider for a
moment, a prospective user: one must first decide which packages to
use:

dropbear/openssh? ipsec/openvpn? dhcpcd/dnsmasq?
shorwall.lrp/iptables.lrp (confusing for those who don't [yet] know
shorewall is a highlevel frontend to iptablets)

Once this is determined, one has to shuffle disks and type all those
"strange/foreign" unix commands (4.3. Create a bootable HD). Run
syslinux, copy/modify syslinux.cfg and leaf.cfg. One simple typo and
the system won't boot. Where to seek help; the leaf mailing list? I
doubt it. This is too intimidating already.

Anyhow, I guess what I'm really suggesting is to have a standard
(8-12MB?) CF/HD image with the package-equivalent of say a snapgear or
m0n0wall. Enough to boot a feature rich leaf distro. -cpu