Hi Adam;

Am Donnerstag 30 Juni 2005 09:28 schrieb Adam Niedzwiedzki:
> Hi KP,
>
> Yup I've just started going over what information I can find, my first
> question (I know this is going to sound soo lame) but you say Linux
> workstation, is there any specific one, do I HAVE to use debian? and if so
> can I use the latest version or do I have to track down slink?

I used buildtool with Suse 9.x and Ubuntu, other team members run Debian and
RedHat/Fedora - choose what you like. There may be issues with 2.6 kernel
based distributions, but they can/should be solved.

For shure you do not have to go with slink - that was a must-have of a Debian
glibc 2.0.7 based version to build glibc-based LEAF versions.
Bering-uClibc is based on uClibc, and the concept of "buildtool" is to provide
an environment allowing you to compile and package for Bering-uClibc
regardless the Linux OS you run it on.

kp