Many of us are working with individuals for whom there are no censi, unless you
count the Domesday Book, which is problematic because of several generations of
aristocracy having the same name and living at the same time.

If you don't work with mediaeval ancestors and with the historians whose
lifework is researching the transfer of estates, the only reliable way to
discern ancestry in instances too numerous to mention, you have no idea. Online
databases, with several erudite exceptions, are a bunch of -----, their sources
being other totally false databases, too many of which are from the LDS, which
does not verify sources of their databases. Too many of the databases that
ancestry,com uses are no more than compilations of internet databases, meaning
they are also totally inreliable. Their latest addition, the Wills from the
Prerogative Court of Canterbury ALL have the wrong probate dates, easily
determined because they have probate dates that are before the person even
died! They don't use double-dating; their transcribers cannot even transcribe
correctly when the documents are legible, and ancestry.com doesn't care, so
they are NEVER a source.

If you do not use the Testamenta Eboracensia, Testamenta Leodiensia, Testamenta
Vetusta, Calendar of Close Rolls, Calendar of Fine Rolls, Inquisitions
Miscellaneous, Calendar of Inquisitions Post Mortem, Calendar of Papal
Registers,
Calendarium Rotulorum Patentium, and other primary sources; if you do not use
the epitome of secondary sources, The Complete Peerage, and follow the
corrections that are continually being made to it, you may have no need
whatsoever to ever enter more than one source at a time. Fine.

But for those of us who have traced our ancestors back, we research thoroughly,
and when we find these undisputed sources in agreement, want to enter them. It
has been far too long that we have had to enter 5 or more sources INDIVIDUALLY
for each event.

If you never have a need to do so, you have no obligation to do so. But please,
realize that many of us have been IMMENSELY inconvenienced during the time the
multiple source clipboard was eliminated. To source one individual has taken
often 6+ hours during its absence.

There are probably many options you do not use. One of the great things about
Legacy has always been that it has many options you may not need, but that
others do. This is one of them.

CE