On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 15:20:49 -0800, Lowell C. Savage
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Two things.
>
> (1) If you bothered to read what I wrote previously (it is in this message
> again) Bush did what he said he would do and did not do anything he said he
> would not do wrt the AW ban.  That doesn't meet any definition of "lie" that
> I am aware of.  After 8 years of parsing Clinton, "if it gets to my desk,
> I'll sign it" is a model of clear political speech.  For any reasonable
> person, it doesn't mean "I'll push it through Congress" or "I'll campaign
> against politicians who vote against it" or "I'll lean on party members to
> get it done."  Your ideological enemies at the Brady Campaign, VPC, etc.
> were (and are) beside themselves with anger at Bush for "breaking his
> promise" because he didn't do all of those things that his statement did not
> mean.  In fact, a few of them even accuse the President of secretly telling
> Congresscritters to make sure the bill didn't reach his desk.  Had he done
> so, it would not have violated his promise to "sign the bill."  And, so far
> as I know, he has not denied that he did so.  Therefore, it is quite
> possible that he actually did lend some small pressure to keep the bill off
> his desk.

So you really beleive he would have signed it had it reached his desk?
 If yes, then i apologize for misinterpretting your comments.

> (2) You raised the "Bush lies" as part of a statement about his track
> record.  Usually that means you are referring to "lies" other than any
> involving the topic at hand.

His lies have been pretty well documented in the news, but the most
important one is often ignored...

> So.  I ask again.  What lies has Bush told?

The most important was the first sentance he said while taking office.

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of
President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability,
preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Travis