Nadav Har'El wrote:

> How about creating a Hebrew mailing list in addition to this one, and
> see how it picks up?

Even though I hardly write anything in Hebrew and it would be more
difficult for me to read in Hebrew than in English I think it would be
extreamly importan for the Open Source community if we made a mailing
list that can be used in Hebrew.
I would not switch on this list to hebrew at least till we know
that most of the people with can use it.

Creating an additional - hebrew only list would be a good place
to experiment with it.

When I tell people in Perl classes to use the local Perl list
(selfplug :-> http://www.perl.org.il/)
they sometimes ask why is it better to use this list than any other
english-only Perl list and actually I'd be more comfortable if I could
say that they can freely write in hebrew.

I guess this is the same for Linux.

If you need (most likely not but why not offer) a mailman mailing list
for the experiment I'd be happy to setup one on my server.

regards
--
Gabor Szabo