I don't think its a technical issue, more like a cultural issue. I am not certain that
all the list
members can read Hebrew, so switching to Hebrew, or allowing for Hebrew words into
mails,
will only frustrate those members.
The difficulty in expressing yourself in Hebrew,
is one of these main problems:
1) You don't know the appropriate words.(because you don't use Hebrew enough)
2) The word in question is not in existence.
(same as 1, but this will only be solved if more will speak Hebrew so new words will
enter the
 dictionary)
3) The word in question cannot be translated to Hebrew.
(the word is a company name or something similar. it would be hard to fix this part, so
the word will probably have to remain in English).
4) All of the above brings inconsistency to the mailing list, so searching the archive
will be less powerful. (i.e.: if a person will write "aol" "Hebrew pronunciation here
:)", the search will need
 to be run twice)

In any case, I support using Hebrew anyware. I even use it on my site consistently.
I thing that in order to circumvent the above mentioned problems, we will have to
declare
a bit more complex netiquette and I believe it will be a high maintenance one. Just
think,
that you will have to send email to people when they write Hebrew pronunciation of
"aol",etc.

Also, probably a stupid question. why can't we use utf8 today?

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technion Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]