On Fri, 17 May 2002, Orna Agmon wrote:

> On Fri, 17 May 2002, Shlomi Fish wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 17 May 2002, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> >
> > > * Pine - hpine exists for quite a long time and you can use it to read/write
> > > hebrew..
> > >

> > I use the pine that is present on the Technion servers. AFAIK, neither t2
> > nor vipe carry hebpine. In any case, I'm not going to switch to a
>
> tx.technion.ac.il does not have hpine either.

Not exactly. See the message ID of this message.

  alias pine pine4.44

does the trick for me. no idea why it's not the default (hint: pine 4.33
has a nice little security issue)

I believe that t2 has similar programs.

Anyway, hebpine is irrelevant, as I mentioned.

> > I do if my ssh client is a Windows one? (TeraSSH or putty) I'll have to
>
> putty gives problems with Hebrew, the direction is correct only until the
> punctuation mark. Besides, it has some bug which makes some Hebrew
> characters stay on the screen even though it was supposed to be refreshed.

The only way I know to remove it is to mark the text with the mouse and
then "unmark" it (e.g: mark something else).

Anybody reported this to the maintainer?

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]