I have friend who pays 20 dollars a month unlimited phoning to the US.

If you are interested I could check.

On the issue of skype. I assume other p2p telephony systems will popup.
But if anyone writes for linux I would seem to me a good Idea to support
it. The one windows users who is fed up with the worms/viruses etc but
must have program X which doen't work on Linux.

I feel that the proprietory model will not die or for that matter closed
source software. What can change it there support and attitude. This
happens when they start competing with linux software.

BTW Skype does run on wine/cxoffice quite well.

Aaron