Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Aaron wrote:

About $20 unlimited phoning. (sorry my mailer ate your original message).

There are two competing companies vor VoIP to telephone service in the
U.S.

You are assuming people only want to call the US. But there are other countries I want
to call to (e.g. Europe, Brazil).

So far, Skype proved the cheapest and easiest way to do such calls to both destination,
and it is by far the best quality over any other solutions we tried (both linux on a pulic IP
and a Windows 98 behind the Linux's NAT): gnomemeeting. netmeeting, msn, yahoo.

Skype doesn't work on our laptop's win98 so we don't get to use it so much from home,
but from the XP at work it works great (behind a Firewall-1 which I can't reconfigure).

I'm not saying that Ilya is wrong in his warning, but when the bottom line is reached - I suspect
that buying Skype or whatever would be cheaper than paying 40$ to Vonge to call only the
US (which is by itself higher than the cost of our international calls).

--Amos