×Wednesday 19 May 2004 1:26 pm, ×××× ×× ××× Micha Feigin:
> I don't think gaim has video conferencing support yet.
does not.

> The only free linux solution I know of is gnomemeeting/ohphone which
> can connect to netmeeting on windows (it exists under W2K although you
> need to activate it as its not in the menus, I believe it also exists
> in XP, google for it, microsoft is trying to make people move to msn so
> its hiding it).
XP has it.
I could not use it though, not to gnome-meeting and not to netmeeting.

> The advantages over skype are that its free with an open protocol(s),
> compatible with windows and allows for video which skype doesn't. It
> has tools for auto-answering, answering machine and call routing (under
> linux for free).
again, this never worked for me. Dont know why.

> Downside, its more of a hustle to setup (firewall and ip handling).
2 lines in arno's script, not that hard.

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/