On Wednesday 19 May 2004 12:59, Ehud Karni wrote:

> On Wed, 19 May 2004 01:15:05 +0000, Diego Iastrubni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > and yet, I have not decent way to talk with my family abroad using
> > linux/free tools.
> > Any ideas?
>
> You can try http://speak-freely.sourceforge.net/ .
> I used it several times in the past (in it's original incarnation).
> If you use NAT and don't use proxy for http, you can use
> http://www.whatismyip.com/ to find your outside (world) IP.
>
> A historical note - This software was originally written for UNIX
> and later was ported to Windoze too.
>
> Ehud.

Just a little note of warning regarding speak-freely, its a dead project:
http://www.speak-freely.org/, and the sourceforge project is an effort to
bring it back to life.

And another note, speak-freely doesn't use SIP or H.323, but rather their own
protocol, very much like Skype.

--
Thanks
Noam Rathaus