Ilya Konstantinov wrote:

> Something tells me Skype for Linux is not going to be "Hofshi" in any
> way... (judging from their statements on their beloved proprietary
> protocol)

That dosen't worry me at all. What worries me is the license and the
technology.

In order to get it to work at all, they used Kaazaa's concept of "supernodes".
Any computer that is running Skype and has the ability to accept incoming
connections, i.e. a non NAT'ed IP with an open port, or a NAT'ed address
with port forwarding, becomes a supernode and calls are routed through it,

They even thought about what to do with low bandwidth supernodes and route
small peices of each call through a supernode.

So the moment you have Skype running, you will be giving them all of your
bandwidth.

The Kaazza licenes was pretty bad, I havn'et read Skypes. By running the
Kaazzaa program you allowed them to run any program they wanted on your
computer and sell the results to anyone.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson [EMAIL PROTECTED]