Well, I haven't used Koffice for about two years but at that time it was
way behind StarOffice or OpenOffice.  At the time I was running KDE so I
decided to try Koffice.  What a waste - it couldn't do much of the basics
for spreadsheets at all.  I then tried OpenOffice (this was a beta around
643 IIRC) and it did everything Excel and Word did.  I imported a
spreadsheet with complex calculations on it and it worked fine.  I still
use OO (this time I'm at 1.03).

I would recommend trying OpenOffice.

--
Brett I. Holcomb