I do use StarOffice. I have been using that since I started with linux
several years ago. I tried others, but this one is the only one that
works and which seems to have staying power.

Part of my ranting about linux advocates is that from the beginning,
staroffice was dumped on by the elites. You know, too big and bloated, takes
over the desktop, and all. I am sorry they got away from that. I liked
having everything in one place.

Then they say linux is all about choices. Problem is, there is no
good choice for an office suite aside from staroffice in linuxland. In
windowsland, I can use Wordperfect, much more to my liking, or MS Office
or Staroffice, which I think is ported to windows. (Can't be 100% sure
about that.)

So, the opensource software concept has totally failed as far as office
suites.  Whats a business man to think?  And, same goes for PDA's,
in my experience.

Joel