Hi Les,

> In this thread we talk about MP-TLV support – but this is less than precise.
> What we are really talking about is MP-TLV support for specific TLVs. So this
> now requires per/TLV advertisement.

No, it does not.  As you yourself verbally agreed, we are referring to the
class of TLVs that Chris describes as ‘implicit’. They do not explicitly permit
or reject MP-TLVs.  We need one bit of information to characterize this entire
class.

Please stop misrepresenting what we are asking for. Please stop backpeddling on
what you’ve already agreed to.

> One response to this is to say “we will limit this to ‘important’
> advertisements” – but how are we to agree on what is important and what
> isn’t? Do we have an operational definition of “important”?

We might have to apply judgment and common sense.

Tony