"Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org> writes:

With this in mind, Tony (as I have commented to you privately) your
table needs to be revised as there are some TLVs to which
“multi-part” simply doesn’t apply.

Those are what I believe we should refer to as "implicit single-part TLVs",
TLVS that it would never make sense to do multi-part for some reason. And we probably
want to define what those reasons are. It isn't necessarily just the lack of keying info.
An unordered, unkeyed list of things (e.g., protocols supported) has no keying info, but
could be sent multi-part and still make sense.

I think the tricky types are the "implicit multi-part TLVs" i.e., the ones like
Extended Reachability TLV, that were not defined to be sent multi-part but could
conceivably be advertised that way (and apparently already are but some subset of
implementations out there).

Tony I think you may have interpreted these differently?

Thanks,
Chris.

   Les