Tony, Les,

I believe we can all agree that we do not want to change the behavior of existing implementations that support MP-TLVs based on the advertisements of the MP-capability from other routers - it would break existing networks. Even the text in the MP-TLV draft does not suggest that to be the case.

I find the discussion about advertising supported capabilities for management purposes in IGPs interesting, but not specific, nor directly related to the MP-TLV draft. Keeping the two separate would make a lot of sense.

my 2c,
Peter