Hi,

SSH with PKI keys is one posiblity, see:
http://www.arches.uga.edu/~pkeck/ssh/

You can set up one ssh key for each app you want to run w/o a password and
append the key to to the user who's going to be allowed to use the app.

PS: This requires a ssh server running on the client. I'm now using one that
runs through xined.d but if someone has managed to install it stand-alone I'm game.

TH

Mob: 920 63 413