On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Egan, Matt B. (Artco) wrote:

> > An alternative to NIS might be LDAP, but we haven't gotten
> > that to work for local apps yet.
>
> What are the hangups with LDAP so far?

I'm sort of the point man for LDAP support in LTSP.  LDAP support for
included in the 3.1 release of LTSP.  After that, we'll look at using
an LDAP server for user auth in localapps mode.  We should just be
able to either leverage nss_ldap or pam_ldap drivers.

Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves      | "If people are good only because they
Unix Administrator      |  fear punishment, and hope for reward,